Ylang Ylang essential oil is derived from the star-shaped flowers of the tropical Ylang Ylang tree and is used extensively in making perfumes and in aromatherapy. Similar to Jasmine, Ylang Ylang has been used for centuries in religious and wedding ceremonies. In Aromatherapy, Ylang Ylang is used to promote emotional wellbeing. Ylang Ylang is frequently used in luxurious hair and skin products for its scent, and to restore beauty and lustre. Ylang Ylang blends well with Bergamot, Geranium, Grapefruit and Vetiver.
- promotes the appearance of healthy skin and hair when applied topically
- provides an uplifting aroma while promoting a sense of calmness when diffused
How can you use Ylang Ylang?
- relax in a bath with Ylang Yang and Himalayan Bath Salts or Epsom Salts
- refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial using Ylang Ylang essential oil
- put on your wrists for a sweet floral perfume
- add Ylang Ylang to a carrier oil for a deep hair conditioner
- one of our favourite blends is Ylang Ylang, Patchouli and Wild Orange – sooooo yummy (add 3 drops of each essential oil to a 10 ml roller bottle and top with a carrier oil)
Diffuse: add 3-4 drops in your diffuser
Food additive: add 1-2 drops to food*
Topical use: apply 1-2 drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional cautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
If pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Plant part: flower
Extraction method: steam distillation
Aromatic description: sweet, rich, spicy
Main chemical components: Germacrene, caryophyllene, Farnesene
We’re not doctors or health practitioners, merely people who love to live a natural lifestyle, so we’re not attempting in any way to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*All essential oils are not equal, the information and uses we provide are based on doTERRA’s Pure, Tested Essential Oils. Always read the bottle re directions for use and note cautions above.