- soothes skin
- relaxing aroma
- promotes calm, relaxed feelings – use before sleeping.
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad of benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking and as a perfume. Its calming and relaxing qualities continue to be Lavender’s most notable attributes. Applied topically, Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck. Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet to relax and prepare for a restful night’s sleep. Due to Lavender’s versatile properties, it is considered the ‘must-have’ essential oil.
- add a few drops of Lavender to the bottoms of your feet at bedtime
- use to soothe skin (take it with you everywhere!)
- add a few drops to a diffuser for a relaxing aroma
- combine Lavender essential oil with water in a spray bottle and freshen your room, linen cupboard, mattress, car, pillows and bedding (shake before use)
- use in cooking to soften citrus flavours and add a flavourful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts*
Directions for use:
Diffuse: add 3-4 drops in your diffuser
Food additive: add 1-2 drops to food*
Topical use: apply 1-2 drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
If pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Plant part: flower / leaf
Extraction method: steam distillation
Aromatic description: powdery, floral, light
Main chemical components: linalool, linalyl, acetate
We’re not doctors or health practitioners, merely people who love to live a natural lifestyle, so we’re not attempting in any way to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*All essential oils are not equal, the information and uses we provide are based on doTERRA’s Pure, Tested Essential Oils. Always read the bottle re directions for use and note cautions above.