Tea Tree essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Tea Tree tree were used by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for centuries. They would apply crushed leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. Tea Tree is best known for its cleansing properties. It can be used to cleanse and clarify the skin and nails and to support a healthy looking complexion. Diffusing Tea Tree will help freshen the scent of the air.
- Renowned for its cleansing qualities and for revitalising the appearance of skin.
- Add a couple of drops to a spray bottle with water for a natural cleaner around the house.
- Diffuse for a fresh clear aroma in the winter months.
- For topical skin applications, apply 1–2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil in a carrier oil onto area.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser, as Tea Tree is known for its cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to cleanse and keep nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces as a cleaner around the home.
How do you use it?
Diffuse: add 3-4 drops in your diffuser
Topical use: apply 1-2 drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Not to be taken.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
If pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Plant part: leaf
Extraction method: steam distillation
Aromatic description: herbaceous, green, leathery
Main chemical components: Terpinen-4-ol, γ-terpinene, α-terpinene
We’re not doctors or health practitioners, merely people who love to live a natural lifestyle, so we’re not attempting in any way to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*All essential oils are not equal, the information and uses we provide are based on doTERRA’s Pure, Tested Essential Oils. Always read the bottle re directions for use and note cautions above.