Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, doTERRA lime essential oil is refreshing and energising in both aroma and taste. Limes are frequently used in entrees and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavour.
Due to its high limonene content, lime essential oil provides a refreshing flavour and can be diffused to add a refreshing aroma to the air inside the home.
Emotionally, lime is known for its ability to uplift, balance and energise.
Lime is frequently used in facial and body cleansers for its cleansing properties and uplifting scent. Lime is also an effective and natural surface cleaner.
- uplifting aroma
- stimulating and refreshing to the senses
- used aromatically, topically and for flavouring food
- promotes feelings of emotional balance and well-being
Some of the way to use Lime essential oil:
- diffuse to refresh the air and lift your emotions
- add a drop to your drinking water for enhanced flavour*
- put some lime essential oil on a cotton pad and use to help remove grease spots and sticker residue
- add 1-2 drops to your facial cleanser, shampoo and / or conditioner for added cleansing properties
Directions for use:
Diffuse: add 3-4 drops in your diffuser
Food additive: add 1-2 drops to food*
Topical use: apply 1-2 drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
If pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying. Application on skin may increase sensitivity to sunlight.
Plant part: lime peel
Extraction method: cold pressed / expressed
Aromatic description: citrus, tart, sweet
Main chemical components: limonene, B-pinene, y-terpinene
We’re not doctors or health practitioners, merely people who love to live a natural lifestyle, so we’re not attempting in any way to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*All essential oils are not equal, the information and uses we provide are based on doTERRA’s Pure, Tested Essential Oils. Always read the bottle re directions for use and note cautions above.