- promotes healthy looking hair and scalp
- soothes and moisturises the skin
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its calming properties and benefits to the skin. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was frequently used to soothe skin. Inhaling Clary Sage promotes feelings of relaxation, before retiring to bed.
- during your menstrual cycle, rub 3-5 drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage (dilute with carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity)
- combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a relaxing bath
- diffuse or apply to pillow at night, promoting a peaceful sleep
- add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy looking hair and scalp
- combine with a carrier oil to massage and soothe the skin
Directions for use:
Diffuse: add 3-4 drops in your diffuser
Food additive: add 1-2 drops to food*
Topical use: apply 1-2 drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional cautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
If pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Plant part: flower / leaf
Extraction method: steam distillation
Aromatic description: woody, herbal, floral
Main chemical components: linalyl acetate, linalool
We’re not doctors or health practitioners, merely people who love to live a natural lifestyle, so we’re not attempting in any way to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*All essential oils are not equal, the information and uses we provide are based on doTERRA’s Pure, Tested Essential Oils. Always read the bottle re directions for use and note cautions above.