- calming and soothing aroma
- provides skin clarifying benefits
- frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits
Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. Italians have used Bergamot for years for its calming aroma and to soothe and make skin feel fresher and smoother. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming to the emotions, making it deal for diffusion. It is also clarifying and cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect.
- diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home to promote a calm relaxed environment
- apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its cleansing and clarifying skin benefits
- change regular Earl Grey tea with a drop of Bergamot
- apply to the feet before bedtime or use with a carrier oil for a calming and relaxing massage
- add 1-2 drops to your DIY skin care cleanser
Directions for use:
Diffuse: add 3-4 drops in your diffuser
Food additive: add 1-2 drops to food*
Topical use: apply 1-2 drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional cautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
If pregnant, nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying. Application on skin may increase sensitivity to sunlight.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Plant part: bergamot rind / peel
Extraction method: cold pressed / expressed
Aromatic description: citrus, spice, with a light floral note
Main chemical components: limonene, linalyl acetate
We’re not doctors or health practitioners, merely people who love to live a natural lifestyle, so we’re not attempting in any way to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*All essential oils are not equal, the information and uses we provide are based on doTERRA’s Pure, Tested Essential Oils. Always read the bottle re directions for use and note cautions above.